
This piece was done in AP Studio Art class in my 12th grade year in high school.
The teacher first gave the class a packet consisting of different types of paper in it and told us to make a collage.
We were allowed to add a few other materials to this collage other than from the packet she gave us at first.
After we were done with the collage, the teacher then told us that we had to draw the collage in the same scale on another piece of paper.
I started with pencil and outlined all the square and straight edged pieces and drew the rest of the things that I could not used a straight edge with. After I was done sketching, I began to color my drawing with watercolor. I finished my work with a touch of thick watercolor paint for the words on the Van Gogh exhibition ticket. I was not satisfied with the work because there is one mistake I made but i could not change it because I did not want to use acrylic paint. Also, the brown came out darker than the actual colored paper in the collage. Several minor color adjustments here and there might have given me satisfaction.
One thing I learned from creating this piece was that watercolor is not very forgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment